Yonnyboii is a Malaysian rapper and producer from Setapak, Kuala Lumpur. Embarking on a musical career as a teenager, he independently released his first mixtape in 2016. Spending the next few years honing his craft, YonnyBoii hit commercial success in 2019 when he released his debut single “Takut”, alongside Caprice that garnered over 10 million views on YouTube. He had also released two additional singles in 2019, “Cemburu” and “Sakit”, both in collaboration with Zynakal, the latter of which was a commercial juggernaut.
After signing with Universal Music in January 2020, he released 3 hit singles; “Salahku”, “Aku Itu Aku”, and “Cemburu”, to further cement his place as one of the brightest talents in Malaysia. YonnyBoii would end the year with the release of his first self-titled EP, Yonny, consisting of nine tracks along with the lead single, “Sheenta with Shee”. The EP was celebrated among fans and media alike, with Yonnyboii himself describing it as an ‘introduction to himself’.
In 2021, Yonny has continued breaking barriers when he collaborated with 3 of Southeast Asia’s biggest stars; Raisa, Matthaios, and Spritez, for an official inspired by track for Disney’s animated movie ‘Raya and the Last Dragon’. Yonnyboii has also graced the stages of AJL35, Lazada’s Super Party, and numerous other shows, propelling his name even further into the spotlight.
YonnyBoii is currently working on his first full studio album.
• In 2020, Yonnyboii had three songs in the Muzik Muzik 35 semi-finals, and according to the Recording Industry of Malaysia’s data, he was named the most-streamed domestic artist of 2020.
• He has also worked with several brands, including Xiaomi and G-Shock.
• Performed alongside Ella and Naim Daniel in Anugerah Juara Lagu 35 for the song “Gemilang”.
• Featured on Zynakal’s single, “Sakit”, which was #1 on RIM ‘Most Streamed Domestic Single in Malaysia’ for 16 weeks running.
• “Salahku”, has over 20 million collective views on YouTube and has spent 22 weeks on the RIM chart.
• “Kelabu”, collaboration with Azlan Typewriter, gained over 200,000 views in less than 5 days and has over 3.5 million collective views on YouTube.
• Featured in Disney’s Raya and The Last Dragon inspired by track “Trust Again”, alongside Raisa, Matthaios, and Spritez.