In an industry deemed unpredictable, Joe Flizzow seems to have the Midas touch when it comes to expanding his career and variegating his persona.
From his early days as one half of the legendary rap duo Too Phat, he has evolved through the years to become the country’s number one rapper. Add producer, songwriter and entrepreneur to the mix and you have someone who isn’t content to let the grass grow beneath his feet.
• Winner, AIM 21 Best Local English Album – The President (2009)
• Winner, AIM 21 2Best Local Malay Album – Havoc (2013)
• Winner, AIM 21 Best Hip Hop Song – Apa Khabar (2014)
• Winner, AJL 23 Song of the Year – Apa Khabar (2014)
• Creator and Host of Hip-Hop travel show, Hip-Hoppin’ Asia which won the Silver Plaque at 19th Chicago International Film Festival Television Awards (2013)
• Creator and Host of 16 Baris (2 seasons, >150k subscribers, over 20 million views and counting)
• First Malaysian Recipient of the Best South-East Asia Act award, 2018 MTV Europe Music Awards.